Like GoPlay Fan Page

Smartpixel Support Forum

Forgot password?

Login

Login

View: 6112|Reply: 1

Fraps VS SmartPixel, which is better for game video recording?

[Copy link]

Threads

Friends

Money

Administrator

Post time 2013-06-25 00:11:11 |Show all posts
Lately, screen recording and screen capturing are got to be the latest and hottest trends in terms of in-games and YouTube videos, there's more and more gameplay videos uploaded to youtube, it wouldn’t have to be so difficult at all as it is made possible now using Fraps or Smartpixel for game video recording. We use Fraps or Smartpixel to do real-time gameplay video recording and we use Smartpixel to edit your captured video and upload it to Youtube fast and easy.
More SmartPixel VS Fraps details please visit here.

Fraps is well known to be best in screen capture, as well as  benchmarking software which shows how many frames per second (fps) you are getting in a corner of the screen. Fraps can be used with gameplay video recording using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. However, with Fraps, the screen captures are automatically named and timestamped. With Smartpixel, it’s even easier…. it only need to adjust area screen capturing or full screen settings… and SmartPixel is free with full features.

To know Fraps and Smartpixel which is good for gameplay video recording, it has to have 7 essential elements associated with it – the ability to record real time, the ability to record voice or sound, file size output, HD recording, ease of use, the ability to edit videos after recording, and the help & support offered by the developer of the software.

Fraps is known for its real-time Video Capture capability. Ignore all the  VCR and DV cam, as game recording has made easy now with Fraps!  Fraps can capture audio and video up to 2560×1600 with custom frame rates from 1 to 120 frames per second! All movies are recorded in outstanding quality. Smartpixel support 720P screen capture or webcam recording, the frame rates ranges from 15 to 30 fps, Fraps is more flexible.

To record gameplay video with commentary, you just go to the Movies tab of Fraps then just check the box “Record external input” and that’s it. You can make a narration while video is playing. Smartpixel has a Pic in Pic mode which allows the gamer comment via the webcam while playing games.

Fraps game video recording

SmartPixel game video recording

Now that have the gameplay videos captured in real-time, gamer need to import it to a video editing software before finally uploading it to Youtube. With SmartPixel software, the video recorded saved as FLV format directly, which means it can be uploaded to youtube directly. In certain occassions the game play video need to be edited to upload to youtube. Smartpixel Producer could edit the video in much more easy way. The player could add background music, effects, subtitles, dubbings into the game video clips and then export to upload to video sharing sites such as youtube, vimeo etc.

SmartPixel game video editing

Still looking for new software for gameplay video recording? Download SmartPixel via http://www.smartpixel.com/download  and get to know itl now, it's the hottest and easiest game video capturing editing software you can use as a great alternative to Fraps.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Sign up

Use magic Report

Threads

Friends

Money

Post time 2017-06-04 19:55:57 |Show all posts
I had used fraps for quite a long time. It is good and convenient. But there is a problem. The size I recorded of my gamplay ideo is really too big, and meawhile ,in the course of recording there is dramatic fps loss that affect my skills. Samart piexel has the same problem of too big a size. I am using Camtasia now. It generates really small sizes and creates lossless videos, 1080p. The only problem of it is its output format. CAMREC and CAMPROJ. They are all proprietary output format which can not be directly played on any other third-pary platforms. In order to move the video you create to your devices you must first use its built-in video converter. Here I have a guide on how to do it http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/camproj-to-mp4.html. But remember, it is only a trial version which has a time limit.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Close

Webmaster RecommendedPrevious post /1 Next post

Mobile|Archiver|smartpixel.com

2017-10-20 11:33 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.024282 second(s), 8 queries , Apc On.